Saturday, June 14, 2008

ARGHHH INK!!!


I am reading Creative License trying ink sketches -- it is very different it FORCES you to see SLOWLY - draw slowly -- but in the end I think it will get easier and I will see things and be able to draw them better -- I am forcing myself to be honest and post this journey because I know I can draw --and revise-- and redraw with pencil or pastels until it is a very good drawing --but... to draw and see without revisions is a whole different ball game -and a whole different skill set ... I am willing to try to learn that game and I would love to acquire the skill set

I do love the book -- having just finished Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth" -- the message is so similar -- I liked it so much I just ordered 13 more copies -- I will send them to my sisters, my children, and my nieces & nephews--- Happy Birthday everyone!!! (except Joe & Rebecca who will get new sketch books)

5 comments:

lyn said...

Keep up the good work! Your "bad" bridges were very nice as were both of the other ones. Lively lines are what I like most! You do that with other mediums don't slow down with the ink scribble away with it, keep the life.
Thanks for your comment on my 100 hands post, I'll be working on them.

Quilt knit said...

Kathleen! Hi! What is wrong? The ink looks great to me! After all You gave yourself the first step- "Permission to be "Bad"." This is great. Now, if you look at some pen sketches, many of the artist go back and put in some color. Here is Marts's blog: http://martas-art.blogspot.com/
Here is my blog and if you look at Every Day in May sketch, you will see it is pen, then I colored in parts.
This is new for me too! Usually, I never add color to pencil or pen drawings.
More please!!

((( Circle of Hugs )))
Sherrie Roberts

Quilt knit said...

I like both bridges!
Sherrie Roberts

Timaree said...

I think you should devote a whole book to this. You'll love it in the end.

Deborah said...

I enjoy the ink! You've got a good start here. Just go for it. If you make a wrong line, either correct it with another line or it's just a wrong line. My perspective is off all the time.I like to add watercolor to my pen sketches--color helps any sketch.