Sunday, July 12, 2009

still working on loose - A Path

I'm just practicing - I tried sketching for all most one full year and I guess I'm not really a sketcher - I like making bigger pieces - so I'm going to just bite the bullet make bigger more finished pieces and work at making better art - this is OK but I am not happy with the upper foliage I like the path and the foreground contrast - But in looking at this ( it's a photograph as the piece was too big for the scanner 11x13") I'm surprised at how blurry the leaves on the tree look - I think I worked on it for four or five hours today -

5 comments:

kazumiwannabe said...

Nice! Beautiful light on the path. I'm amazed at the variety of your skills, styles and subjects. It seems that everything you try, it looks like you've done it for ages - you're a very talented explorer!

Ann said...

This is beautiful! I like the way you did the leaves, the softness complements the light and shadows nicely. Lovely image.

Kathleen said...

thank you both

Jan said...

Loose or not, it's lovely. You're good!

Ann said...

By the way, there is an award on my blog with your name on it if you'd like to stop by!