Saturday, June 13, 2009

Different strokes from Different Folks Summer Vegetables

Another challenge from Karin Jurick at Different strokes from Different Folks Summer Vegetables -
I'm not sure why I did an abstract version I generally don't like abstracts--
in fact I generally dislike abstracts
but when I first saw this image I thought there would be LOTS of abstract versions
I'm surprised that there are not.
I started a realistic image and kept thinking it should be an abstract so here it is
"three tomatoes two onions and a bunch of corn on a plate"
crayon & colored pencil on vellum bristol approx 10" x 7"

9 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

A wonderful abstraction - makes me think of origami!

Priti said...

Love your abstract version.

Marianne Ginsberg said...

This is great! I've started to lose interest in the Different Strokes blog because so many of the images are exactly the same. This is a welcome departure and shows a lot of originality.

SYLVIANE said...

It was a courageaous way to participate, this time, if you are not especially attracted by abstract painting!

it is lovely, and it is an opportunity to dicover your blçog!

dominique eichi said...

What a fun abstract, I like your colors too.

L.Holm said...

Very fun. I like the Cubist approach!

Judith said...

Wonderful fresh idea and nicely done!

Jan said...

I'm glad you don't do a lot of abstract stuff. I guess it's not my fav either.

Lee Pierce said...

What a wonderful different stroke! I'm not a fan of abstracts but this colorful version has appeal.