Friday, July 4, 2008

EDM #169 draw a piece of cake


No ink --water color wash and colored pencil - This is a leftover from dinner on the 2nd (see previous post)- the model was devoured shortly after I completed the sketch - food does not last long around here.

PS I made an accordian folded sketch book from a sheet of arches water color paper today -thanks EDM'ers for showing me how!-- It was fun to make -- I can't wait to try it as I do not like to watercolor in this plain paper moleskine sketch book -even with soap-

6 comments:

Liz Steel said...

Great sketch... yum!
I hope you are having as much fun drawing food as I do!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

excellent drawing. i could almost pick it up off the page.

MaryO said...

Looks good and the recipe makes my mouth water. Thanks!

Ann said...

That sure looks tasty! I am enjoying seeing all of your sketches here.

kazumiwannabe said...

It's great. You do an incredible work with the shadows and color, it looks very real!

Gillian Mowbray said...

Oh this is amazing - it looks delicious. The words give it such a good frame too.
Thanks for your welcome comment on my blog. x